Sunday, January 17, 2010

Advice on ridged nails?

I went to the doctor's today to have them look at my nails. They looked at the ridges and waves and ';pitty'; appearance of my nails and diagnosed it as a mild form of psoriasis. I found this weird because I have virtually no other sings of the condition. I've heard from a lot of people that it can be due to a specific vitamin deficiency or lack of calcium. They prescribed me a cream (for skin, oddly enough) that I am supposed to rub into my nails twice a day. Has anyone else had an experience like that this? Does anyone know how to get rid of this problem completely? I just don't feel like psoriasis is the cause...I only have the ridges on maybe four of my fingers and a couple of pits on a few others. It's kind of unsightly.Advice on ridged nails?
I had also experienced that . Its good mine was only on 1 finger and took me a month before it was cured.Apply Benzalkonium Cloride.You can buy it over the counter on any drug stores.Apply it during the night before going to bed.Good luck....Advice on ridged nails?
how old are u ? in most people who are genetically susceptable to them,ridging begins in the 40's.my mother got them at this time of her life,and still hasd ridged nails.she's 75.the dr told her that ridges come on in middle age for some people.
damage to cuticle and nail bed beneath will cause ridges on some nails....

No comments:

Post a Comment