Sunday, January 17, 2010

Nails on my hands? horizontal ridges?

i've got ridges on my right hand? on my nails?


not all of the 5 but on 1 of them its obvious and i think others are developing.


they're horizontal.





whats wrong?


i take dairy products regularly and im 16 as well?


i look after my nails tooNails on my hands? horizontal ridges?
There are many things that the fingernails can tell you, but only some markings are abnormal.





Pale nails, for example, may be a sign of anaemia, whereas blue nails could reflect heart or lung trouble, toxic chemical action on blood cells or congenital heart disease in infants. Distorted nails which have a thickened yellowish tinge may suggest a fungus infection, psoriasis, vitamin deficiency or hardening of the arteries. If the fingernails have clubbed, in other words very concave when you look at them from the side, this could suggest an abscess, chronic infection, cancer of the lung or chronic heart disease.





White lines and horizontal ridges, however, although in exceedingly rare cases can be due to arsenic poisoning, are almost certainly normal. The nails grow from the nail bed and in most people the growth across the nail bed is a little up and down, which results in a corrugated appearance. It's quite normal and not a sign of any disease process.Nails on my hands? horizontal ridges?
Everyone gets ridges in their nails. It's normal. A way to get rid of them is to buff them out. I dunno how true this is, but I heard it's a myth that lack of calcium contributes to this. Just buy a nail buffer in you don't already have one and just buff them out. I am not sure where you are located, but it may also have something to do with the change in weather. If you live in a dry climate, than it's possible they are just reacting to the dryness and the weather warming up. No moisture in the air.
me too. is this a bad thing?? ahh help! i didnt know!

No comments:

Post a Comment